It’s my room!

{DIY} or {BUY} – make your own, or buy one from me…

We recently painted and re-decorated our entryway and stairway.  One of my craft projects for this change was to make name plates for the boys doors.  Below you will see photos of what I created as well as links to purchase any supplies you would need to create this craft yourself.  Or if you’d rather just buy one, visit my Etsy Store.

Close up of the wood letter name plates

Purchase one at my Etsy Store

OR

Make Your Own!

Purchase wood letters, one large and full name small, from a craft store (I got mine at Joann’s) Purchase a graphic wood piece to use, I did a music note and giraffe to go with the kids room theme. Paint them the colors you would like. Hot glue them together and hang! It’s a very simple craft, but turned out really cute!   You can see more step by step photos at the latest version of this same craft.

Also check out the adult version of this craft at It’s My House…

Here is a photo of the first one sold on Etsy:

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 Responses

1. Cindy Merva
    December 6, 2012 8:49 am #

Hi, how much do you charge for these? I would like 2, each with 6 letters. Thanks!

2. Shannon
    December 9, 2012 3:37 pm #

How much would you charge to make one using the name Lexi?

3. brittany
    December 29, 2012 4:13 pm #

any suggestions on how to put a name on a large S.

• January 4, 2013 2:49 pm #

Hi Brittany – I’m getting ready to make one with an S this weekend. I’ll take some photos of the different layout options I’m thinking about and post it for you. It will depend on how long the name is, but I’ll post some ides soon for you. Sorry for the delay.

4. Misty
    January 8, 2013 7:02 pm #

I’d like to know how the “S” turns out, my friend is naming her little boy Sawyer and I’d like to make her one of these

5. January 11, 2013 12:31 am #

Hi Brittany – here are a few ideas I had for the S. I’ll post my final project once I have it done as well. Let me know if you have any questions. I just laid them on there, so you’ll want to straighten them up and maybe hang them off the edge more than I have shown here, but since I wasn’t gluing them down, I couldn’t put them exactly where I wanted, but this should give you a good idea. Thanks for coming to my blog! :-) Lisa

6. Anonymous
    January 11, 2013 12:37 am #

Hi Misty,
    Here is a link to an image with a few ideas for and S. The one with the stick, I would cut the stick so it doesn’t show past the letters. Other options in place of a stick could be a straw, chopstick, anything sturdy enough to hold the letters glued to it while it is glued to the large letter. Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! LIsa

7. January 15, 2013 4:17 pm #

Hey Brittany – check out the final product for the S: http://thecraftymom.blog.com/2013/01/15/its-my-house/

8. January 15, 2013 4:18 pm #

Hey Misty – check out the final product for the S: http://thecraftymom.blog.com/2013/01/15/its-my-house/

9. Karin
    January 17, 2013 9:43 pm #

I would like one made pleqse email me at krnica16@gmail.com. thanks

10. Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 1:51 pm #

How much will you charge for one with the name James and maybe a car or train in the side?

11. Jacqui
    January 28, 2013 9:06 pm #

Hi Lisa,

Could you please advise how thick the wood is please??
    Thanks!

• January 29, 2013 12:00 am #

Hi Jacqui – The large letter is 1/2 Inch thick and the small ones are 1/4″ thick. I use 3M Command Strips to hold it up as it’s not that heavy.

• January 29, 2013 12:09 am #

There are links on the page to purchase the wood letters online if you are having a hard time finding them. Just scroll to the bottom of the It’s My Room post to view the links. Thanks!

12. March 16, 2013 9:13 pm #

That is really cute thanks!

13. Erika
    October 26, 2013 3:10 pm #

Hi, I love these. Can you please tell me where I can buy the giraffe on Hayden’s letter?